Name:
Location: Plano, Texas, United States

I am 32 years of age. I am striving to serve God in all that I do. I also like to read my Bible, biblical/ theological literature, and the comics in the newspaper.

Monday, October 23, 2006

Isaiah 49 thoughts

Hi everyone! Whatz up? Do you know what a frog says when it sees a book? It says, "read it" (ha ha).
As I've said I like to read books. If you haven't read the book The Bible Jesus Read get it and read it. Great book. It was written by Philip Yancey. In the book Yancey just talks about the Old Testament and how some Christians hardely if ever read it because they think it's an out dated section of the Bible and has no sinificance to live. But nothing could be further from the truth. Yancey told of a time when he was asked to speak at a Christian conference and was given Isaiah 49:16 as his text. That verse says "See, I have engraved you one the palms of my hands; ...". Read the whole chapter though. The Israelites were in some real termoil and thinking God had forgotten about them, that He didn't really care about them as some people in our society think today (maybe even some Christians). Picking up the text in Isaiah 49:14-16 "But Zion said, 'The Lord has forsaken me, the Lord has forgotten me'. 'Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you! See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands'; ...".
So, when someone thinks that God doesn't love them or doesn't care about them, He says "Yes I love you! Yes, I care about you!" He sent His only begotten Son Jesus to show us how much He loves and cares about us. He sent Jesus to bridge the gap between us and show us how to live and give us hope of being with Him and God in heaven for all eternity. When Jesus was on that cross He had your name on the palms of His hands.
God bless!
Zack

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zack,
That's an excellent thought. it's comforting to know that the Almighty God cares about me (and evryone else too). Good job ! I'm proud of you!!
Dad

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home