Name:
Location: Plano, Texas, United States

I am 32 years of age. I am striving to serve God in all that I do. I also like to read my Bible, biblical/ theological literature, and the comics in the newspaper.

Thursday, January 18, 2007

The Dirt on Learning

Yo, yo, and hello everyone! It's cold here in the Dallas area. I hope you are warm wherever you are right now.
I tried blogging a few minutes ago, and it didn't go through and lost all the post! So, I'm going to give a baisc over view here. Ok. Here it goes- again! The sixth chapter in the book is called Families: Where Roots Go Deep. Pretty much it is saying that the family is the primary provider of Christian Education and to many families are passing that reponsibility squarly on the church. The church has done a noble job of carrying the torch here, but it is time that churches partner with families in this great endeavor. Churches can encourage families to eat together at least once a day and provide discussion questions for them to talk about around the dinner table. And churches can encourage parents to just "be" with their kids instead of pressuring parents to always have an plan all the time.
Parents need to always be aware of "teachable moments". When families are watching TV together and some one on a TV show says a cuss word parents can say, "we don't use that word". Or if there's a violent exchange on a show, parents can say, "we don't behave like that, we talk about it". And so forth.
There's so much more in this chapter, but I'm bummed out about the computer losing my blog earlier, so please go out and buy this book. It's a great read.
God bless you all in Jesus' name! Peace be with you all!
Zack
Ps. I'm pulling for the Saints and the Colts to win on Sunday and make it to the Super Bowl. And the Colts to win the Super Bowl. Comments please. God bless!Peace out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home