Name:
Location: Plano, Texas, United States

I am 32 years of age. I am striving to serve God in all that I do. I also like to read my Bible, biblical/ theological literature, and the comics in the newspaper.

Saturday, December 30, 2006

Visioneering

Yo, yo, and hello! How's it going everybody? I hope and pray all is well.
Jake wrote a blog about interviewing Ted Decker over the phone. How cool is that?! Pretty cool, I must say. Decker is a big time Christian novelist guy. I understand that he grew up on the mission field in Indonesia (spelling error?). He lives in Colorado now. I imagine most of his novels come from his growing up years in Indonesia (though I could be wrong about that).
Anyhow, I read chapter two in Visioneering today. This chapter is about preparing yourself to take action on accomplishing your vision. We must always be praying for opportunities to talk to whatever powers that be that can help you along the way. And we must always be preparing a plan to accomplish the vision. The Bible says Nehemiah had developed a plan to carry out the rebuilding of the walls of Jerusalem. But he had to talk to the king where he was incarcerated. No telling how many times he was with the king, but the opportunity to talk to him about his predicament hadn't come up yet. But he had been praying about it, so when an opportunity did come he was ready to talk about it.
This is a really good book y'all. Please get it and read it. This is a good book. And read Nehemiah in your Bibles sometime too. I'm going to read it today too.
There have been some really good college football bowl games on. Last night Texas Tech had fallen behind 38-7 with a little more then 7 minutes left in the 3rd quarter and came back to win the game 44-41 in over-time. Incredible! Go Tech! And today Boston College was trailing against Navy and BC came back to win the game with a field goal with 5 seconds left in the game. Very exciting!
Guess that's all for now folks. God bless you in Jesus' name!
Zack

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home