Name:
Location: Plano, Texas, United States

I am 32 years of age. I am striving to serve God in all that I do. I also like to read my Bible, biblical/ theological literature, and the comics in the newspaper.

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Identity Crisis

Yo, yo, and hello to all my readers! I hope and pray all of you had a very Merry Christmas and will have a Happy New Year!
Here is something I've been thinking about. My sister and brother-in-law have one dog and two cats. The dog likes to lick himself alot. I think that he thinks he's a cat (by the way, Jake wrote a hillarious blog about his two cats and the dog at risefromyourslumber.blogspot.com). And my brother and sister-in-law have three cats. One of them likes to go on walks. Now I think the cat thinks he's a dog. They don't have a dog, so the cat has no excuse.
So, there's a dog in our family who thinks he's a cat and we have a cat in the family who thinks he's a dog. We have an identity crisis on our hands! The Apostle Paul seems to have dealt with Christians who were having an identity crisis in 1 Corinthians. In chapter 6 Paul is telling them not to bring law suits against one another in the courts of non-brethern. Instead they were to rull over these things themselves. I'll pick it up at verse 9 through 11. "Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God. Do not be decieved. Neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor male prostitutes, nor homosexual offenders, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor slanderers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God (notice now). And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and the Spirit of our God". Paul seems to be telling them not to keep acting like the world. They used to be doing the things described in 9 through 10, but then in verse 11 he says, "And that is what some of you were"!. He's saying, your not like that any more! Stop acting like what you used to be! Start acting like the people of God that you are now!
I guess that is all for today. Merry belated Christmas! And have a Happy New Year! God bless you all in Jesus' Name! I got a few books for Christmas. When the New Year comes, I'm going to read 2 books a month (hopfully!) and blog about them. Take care everyone!
Zack
ps. Please be praying for the AIM students especially today (those who are on their mission fields and those who are preparing in Lubbock to go to their mission fields). And please pray for Elijah and Kristan (preparing to go to Auckland, New Zealand) and for Rob and Denyce (preparing to go to Moscow, Russia). And one more thing for Rob and Denyce. I don't think I should share there circumstance, but just pray for them please. God knows. They're really hurting right now. Thanks and God bless!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

zack,
I watched that silly mutt lick his paws and legs for a solid 5 minutes this morning. I fully expect to hear him meow. Your blog was great!
love, dad

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home