Name:
Location: Plano, Texas, United States

I am 32 years of age. I am striving to serve God in all that I do. I also like to read my Bible, biblical/ theological literature, and the comics in the newspaper.

Friday, December 15, 2006

The Spirit's Leading

Yo, yo, and hello to all my readers! I hope and pray all is well and good. Sorry I didn't blog yesterday. I was out most of the day finishing up Christmas shopping. And now I'm all done! Are any of y'all done Christmas shopping? Just over a week to go until the big day.
On Wendsday night we had a great discussion in Bible class. I asked the teacher if I could write about it on my blog. He graceously agreed. We have started a new series called The Spirit's Leading: Wisdom or Fleecing?. We started off the class by reading Romans 8:28-39. We looked at it 2 or 3 verses at a time putting them all together into the collective context. Once we got to verse 36 we stopped and focused on it. This verse says, "As it is written, 'For your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered'" (quoting Ps. 44: 22). We turned back to that verse and read all of Psalm 44 to get the entire context. So we pondered what this verse was intended in Romans 8. Then we turned to 2 Corinthians 11 and read vereses 23-29. These talk about Paul''s hardships that he endured ( beatings, floggings, shipwreacks, and so forth). And we discussed what insight we can get from 2 Corinthians that could help us understand Romans 8. We came to the understanding that God's ultimate goal is for us to become like His Son Jesus. Everything that happens to us can shape us to that end. No matter what it is. God can take that event and us it to help us. Even an earth-shattering event in our lives can ultimately help us and God can us it to shape us into who He wants us to be.
Well, I think that's it for now. Thank you all for reading. God bless you all in Jesus' name!
Zack

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home