Name:
Location: Plano, Texas, United States

I am 32 years of age. I am striving to serve God in all that I do. I also like to read my Bible, biblical/ theological literature, and the comics in the newspaper.

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

The Master's Plan for Making Disciples part 8

Yo, yo, and hello to all of my readers! I hope and pray all of you are doing well today.
I have now finished The Master's Plan for Making Disciples. The last chapter is called The Master's Plan to the Ends of the Earth. No matter how many people we teach the gospel to, there is still much more to be done. We need to nurture (disciple) them. We need to help them find the best way for them to share their faith. We need to help them pin point the people in their lives to teach the gospel to. And as a church, we need to plant other churches in the area, or maybe even abroad (spelling error?). There is always more that needs to be done. I loved reading this book. But now it's time to practice it. If you don't have this book, please get it. I think you'll need to get it from either Amazon.com or from Churchgrowth.net. It's a great book. Please get it, read it, and practice it.
Secondly, the Mavricks won last night. A new win streak is underway again! Go Mavs!
On an entirely different note, since this is Christmas season, there's something that's been on my mind. I know we don't really know when Jesus was born, but almost the entire world recognizes His birthday during this time of year. We are missing a great evangelistic opportunity if we dismiss it entirely. A lot of people focus their attention on Jesus and Mary for obvious reasons. But I want to focus on Joseph. Joseph, you'll remember is the man who was betrothed to Mary. Mary was approached by the angel Gabriel who told her the Holy Spirit would come to her and she was going to be pregnant and give birth to a child who was to be called Jesus. Of course this was a lot to take in for her. But soon she accepted it. Joseph catches on that his bride to be is pregnant, and eventually decides to divorce her secretly so she isn't brought to ridicule. But he falls aspleep and is told in a dream what was going on, that Mary is pregnant because the Holy Spirit indwelled her and she will give birth to God's Son. He accepts it as well and takes her as his wife when the baby Jesus is born. The Gospel of Luke tells alittle bit about Jesus' childhood (when He was 12 I think). But nothing more after that. Which leaves us to speculation. I believe Mary and Jesus both endured a lot of ridicule in Jesus' early years. And I think Joseph stock up for them all of those years. But in Jesus' later years, Joseph is never mentioned. I don't believe by a long shot that he abandoned and left them. He must of been dead by then. Of course we don't know if any of this speculation is ture or not.
Which leads me so something else I've been thinking about. I think the Catholic church makes a big deal about Mary being the mother of Jesus, the Son of God. I think it's more about Mary being the mother of Jesus, the Son of Man (which He calls Himself quit frequently in the gospels).
Any thoughts?
Thank you all for reading today. God bless you in Jesus' name!
Zack
ps. Please be praying for the AIM students especially today. Please pray for those who are already on their mission fields. And for those who are in Lubbock preparing to go to the field. Those still in Lubbock I believe will find out where they are going before they leave to go for Christmas/New Years. And please pray for Elijah and Kristan and Rob and Denyce. Thank you all! God bless!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home