Name:
Location: Plano, Texas, United States

I am 32 years of age. I am striving to serve God in all that I do. I also like to read my Bible, biblical/ theological literature, and the comics in the newspaper.

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Revolution part 6

Yo, yo, and hello from the great Chickenfried nation (a quote from one of my favorite sports radio talk show hosts). I hope all of you reading this today are having a blessed day today.
There are several things I need to say. First of all, I hope and pray all of you had a great Thanksgiving and great weekend. Secondly, I'm sorry I havn't written a blog in such a long time.
Thirdly, lets talk about chapter 10 of Revolution. In this chapter Barna shows how the revolution shapes the Revolutionary. Every one who has ever taken part in a revolution (what ever the cause) through out history has been forever changed by that revolution. So it must be with the Revolution that this book is about. This Revolution changes who we are as the people of God. It changes the way we live. How we act. How we talk and so forth. It changes us. And he lists four ways that the Revolution changes us. As I've said before, please buy this book and read it and practice it. This book will change the way we do church.
Going on with what I want to say, my dad preached a really good sermon this past Sunday. I even asked him for permission to write about it in a blog. He graciously gave it. He talked about The Sacrifice of Thanksgiving from Psalm 116. Firstly we see the Psalmist's reason for Thanksgiving: God's love. Because God heard him. Because God delivered and rescued him. And because God richly blessed him. Second thing, we see the Psalmist's response to God. He expresses his thanks. And he dedicates his life to God. Thanksgiving equals thanks-living. And lastly, we see three ways to develop thanksgiving in our own lives. We must remember everything we have belongs to God. We should avoid complaining. And we must develop a habit of giving thanks everyday. Thank you Dad for this inspiring lesson!
Which leads me to my last thing. I deeply desire to be a missionary here in the US (or elsewhere) and planting churches in the New England area. I hope to stay with those churches to help them develop an outreach program and a way to integrate the new disciples to continue making new disciples. Ultimatley, that's what God desires us to do no matter where we are.
Thank you all for reading. God bless you in Jesus' name!
Zack
pss. How about the Mavs! We've won three in a row baby! And lastly, it's come in my attention I made a type error in the blog before this. In my topic in The Master's Plan for Disciple Making, that was supposed to be part 4. Thanks and God bless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home