Name:
Location: Plano, Texas, United States

I am 32 years of age. I am striving to serve God in all that I do. I also like to read my Bible, biblical/ theological literature, and the comics in the newspaper.

Monday, November 20, 2006

Revolution part 5

Yo yo and hello to all my reader! I hope and pray all who are reading this are having a great day.
There are three things I wanted to write about today.
First thing, I did some reading from Revolution. In chapter nine Barna encourages Christians to look at the life of Christ and His Revolutionary lifestyle and glean from Him about how we should live as Revolutionaries today.
Personally, I like the thought of having more of a house church concept in the the church today. I believe in having the whole church togther on Sundays and then the rest of the week be in house churches. Too much of one thing can be hazardous (spelling error?).
Secondly, I watched a video series by Jeff Walling on the Gospel of Matthew. It is a drama presentation. Jeff plays Matthew. The series is called My Messy Messiah (an absolutely brillant title!). In the videos Jeff talks about how Matthew had trived in his buisness ventures. Then Jesus calls him and says, "what do ya think? Are you ready for a new buiness opportunity?" Then he talked about Jesus' messy family leignage (spelling error?). There are four women. Tamar dresses like a hooker to seduce her father in law. Rahab was a hooker. Ruth is a Moabitise who came from a sinful relationship. And finally Bathsheba (who's name conjurgers up bad images already right there), Uriah's wife. If we want to come to the Messiah we have to identify our mess! He also talks about Jesus touching, healing, and befriending lepers, tax collectors, and others that the society back then would have nothing to do with. Jesus touched them in their messes and He can do the same with us. And lastly, he calls us to go tell the world "let me tell you about my mess so I can tell you about the Messiah". An absolutly brillant video!
Funny and thought provoking (if those two things can be together at the same time).
And lastly, I just want to ask for prayers for the SIBI students and especially the AIMers on the mission field and AIMers still in Lubbock. Those still in Lubbock will most likely hear where they're going and who with before Thanksgiving break or Christmas break. I was just looking at SIBI's website and there are a lot of mission fields out there who need lots of prayers. I'm really looking forward to attending SIBI in 2008 and getting involved in missions ministry again (Lord-willing of course). And, Lord-willing, going off to New England or elsewhere, to plant churches and helping them to mature in Christ.
Thank you all for reading today. God bless you all in Jesus' name!
Zack
ps. Please pray also, that the Lord of the harvest will prepare more harvesters for the harvest fields (including me)! Thank you! Blessings to you!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Zack,
I'm late to read this post, but just thought I'd add (in relation to your last few sentences) that the fields where AIM students are currently serving are available as a Google Earth file here:

http://www.aimsunset.org/page/47

Rob

2:24 PM  
Blogger Zack said...

Thank you Rob! I just looked at it. Very cool! I wear one of my AIM shirts every Wendsday to help me remember to pray for the AIM students. God bless!
Zack

4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home