Name:
Location: Plano, Texas, United States

I am 32 years of age. I am striving to serve God in all that I do. I also like to read my Bible, biblical/ theological literature, and the comics in the newspaper.

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Waking the Dead

Yo yo and hello to everyone out there. I hope and pray everyone is doing well out there today.
Have you ever read Waking the Dead by John Eldridge? I read it once and then got a journal to work with the book. I've read and worked a little through it again, but got sidetracked. It's a great book. It's about reaching our full potential in life with God. It's about reclaiming our hearts that have been hurt and broken by life, and by the devil. It is one of the best books I've ever read.
One quote I remember in the book is "The glory of God is man fully alive" (Saint Ireniaus) (spelling error?). Jesus tells us in John's gospel "The theif comes to steal, kill, and destroy; but I have come that you might have life and have it abundantly". "The theif comes to steal, kill, and destroy ..." Jesus said! We should never be surprised when the theif (the devil) comes to steal, kill, and destroy us. But Jesus came to give us life! And not just life, but life abundant! And that reminds me of what Paul said to the Corinthians. "If it's only for this life that we have hope in Christ, then we of all people are most to be pittied (spelling error?)". That, I believe is talking about them believing that there is no resurrection in Christ. Now in tying all this in together, Christ didn't just mean we would have "life abundantly" in heaven (though that's part of it, I believe), but that we can live our lives to the fullest here and now with our time on earth.
One of the Proverbs says we defere our hopes and dreams our hearts grow faint, but when we fulfill those hopes and dreams (and not just fantasies, but real God-given hopes and dreams) our hearts and faith grow fuller. I don't know if that makes any sense or not. I hope and pray this brightens someone's day. God bless you all in Jesus' name!
Zack

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home