Name:
Location: Plano, Texas, United States

I am 32 years of age. I am striving to serve God in all that I do. I also like to read my Bible, biblical/ theological literature, and the comics in the newspaper.

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

A Faithful Church (Col. 2:2-7)

Hello everybody! Hope and pray all is well with everyone. I was looking at the Correspondent (a newsletter from Sunset International Bible Institute, where I plan to attend in a couple years) and found something very interesting. It is Colossions 2:2-7. There are 7 points the writer makes. A faithful church has the following: courageous hearts (that their hearts may be encouraged ... v. 2); loving fellowship (having been knit together in love ... v.2); wisdom and knowledge (in whom are hidden all the tearsures of wisdom and knowledge v. 3); resist false doctrines (I say this so that no one will delude you with persusive arguement v. 4); rooted in Christ (... walk in Him v. 5); hold fast the faith (having been rooted and now being built up in Him and established in your faith ... v. 7); overflowing gratitude (and established in your faith, just as you were instructed, and overflowing gratitude).
These are marks of a true faithful church. If all of God's children do these seven things the whole church will be stronger then ever. May God's rich grace be with each of you in Jesus' name.
Zack

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy your thoughts very much! Keep up the good work!

7:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Zack, thanks for passing those points on. I work at Sunset and haven't even gotten the new issue of The Correspondent yet! I emailed the brother who puts it together to let him know that you had blogged about it.

8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home