Name:
Location: Plano, Texas, United States

I am 32 years of age. I am striving to serve God in all that I do. I also like to read my Bible, biblical/ theological literature, and the comics in the newspaper.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Ezekiel 3 thoughts

Yo yo and hello to everyone out there. I was doing my Bible reading today and read some very interesting words in Ezekiel. The book of Ezekiel is most apociliptic (spelling error?). So it's a bit hard for me to understand. Any Old Testament scholars out there reading this?
Anyhow, here is some of what I read today. 3:1-7 "And he (God) said to me, 'Son of man, eat whatever you find here. Eat this scroll, and go, speak to the house of Isreal'. So I opened my mouth, and he gave me this scroll to eat. And he said to me, 'Son of man, feed your belly with this scroll that I give you and fill your stomach with it'. Then I ate it, and it was in my mouth as sweet as honey. And he said to me, 'Son of man, go to the house of Israel and speak with my words to them. For you are not sent to a people of foreign speech and a hard language, but to the house of Israel- not to many peoples of foreign speech and a hard language, whose words you can not understand. Surely, if I sent you to such, they would listen to you, for they are not willing to listen to me. Because all the house of Israel have a hard forehead and a stobborn heart."
These words are interesting to me, because I feel a tub in my heart to plant churches in the US (possibly in the New England area) long term. The text seems to say that God is sending His prophet Ezekiel to his home land, the house of Israel to set them straight. I have always had a hard time learning different languages. So that is why I want to stay here in the US. New England is an area that has few churches.
Thank you for reading this today. God bless you all in Jesus' name.
Zack

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zack,

That text makes me hungry, or at least makes me want something sweet to snack on! Someone should start producing a candy that is literally little sweet-tasting scrolls, like rice paper.

On a more serious note, I commend you for your desire to expand the kingdom in the Northeast. If I were staying in the USA, that would be an area that might interest me too for ministry. Thanks for sharing that text!

5:06 PM  
Blogger Zack said...

Thank you Rob! I love you guys and am praying for y'all! Thank you for your ideas and encouragement! God bless you! Zack

6:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home