Name:
Location: Plano, Texas, United States

I am 32 years of age. I am striving to serve God in all that I do. I also like to read my Bible, biblical/ theological literature, and the comics in the newspaper.

Thursday, November 02, 2006

The Watchman Ez. 3:16-21

Yo yo and hello to everyone out there reading this. I hope and pray you are all having a great day today. I hope this post will be worth your while.
I was doing my daily Bible reading today and found the watchman text in Ezekiel 3 interesting.
"And at the end of seven days the word of the Lord came to me. 'Son of man, I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel. Whenever you hear a word from my mouth, you shall give them worning from me. If I say to the wicked, 'you shall surely die', and you give him no warning, nor speak to warn the wicked from his wicked way, in order to save his life, that wicked person shall surely die for his iniquity, but his blood I will require at your hand. But if you warn the wicked, and he does not turn from his wickedness, or from his wicked way, he shall die for his iniquity, but you will have delivered your soul. Again, if a rightous person tourns from his rightousness and commits injustice, and I lay a stumbling block before him, he shall die. Because you have not warned him, he shall die for his sin, and his rightous deeds that he has done shall not be remembered, but his blood I will require from your hand. But if you warn the rightous person not to sin, and he does not sin, he shall surely live, because he took warning, and you will have delivered your soul'."
Wow! That is some heavy duty stuff there. As Christians, we are watchmen for God. How are we doing with this tremendous responsibility? How am I doing? How are you doing?
This also reminds of me of a story in one of Kings books about a trio of lepers who stumble on a deserted camp. There was all of this food and stuff laying around. So these three guys just helped themselves to all that was around them. Until one of them said, "we are not doing right. we have found this wonderful treasure and here we are keeping it to ourselves. let us go and share this before day break" (paraphrasing). It is our reponsibility to share the message. How are we doing?
God bless you all in Jesus' name!
Zack

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zack,
Thought this was very well written and expressed! YOur heart for God touches me deeply! Love you!
mom

5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home