Name:
Location: Plano, Texas, United States

I am 32 years of age. I am striving to serve God in all that I do. I also like to read my Bible, biblical/ theological literature, and the comics in the newspaper.

Monday, November 06, 2006

Revolution

Yo yo and hello to everyone reading this!
Some time ago my church's new Outreach Minister told me about a book about Cell Group based churches. We talked about it for a while and he said he was going to buy a bunch of them for the elders at church and said he would order one for me too. I started reading it today. The book is called Revolution authored by George Barna. Mr Barna is a big research kinda guy. Very practicle. The book is about not just going to church but really being the Church that the Bible talks about. Very profound. So thank you Ryan for telling about this great book! I'm really enjoying it! Great read!
I've read the first 2 chapters so far. The first one is about 2 gentlemen who are best friends. They are both Christians, both have great famililies (wife and children), and both work very hectic jobs, and both have grown weary of the church were they had been going. That is were the similarities end. One of them has almost stopped going to church all together and the other one is still holding on to his faith, attends church, and lives a life of evangelism. The former is what Barna calls "a Revolutionary", one who isn't going to stick with things as-is. He wants to stop just going to church and start being the Church. Barna calls little "c" church "the congregation-based faith experience which envolves formal structure, hierarchy of leadership, and a specific group of believers". He calls big "C" Church the universal Church , as in all the Christians around the world who's names are in the Lamb's book of life.
I'm really excited about reading this book! It is going to change all Christians and all Churches who want to put this books' principles into practice.
More on this later.
God bless you all in Jesus' name!
Zack

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds really interesting, Zack. I'd love to hear more about what you're learning from books like this on your blog!

7:22 AM  
Blogger Zack said...

Thank you Colby! And it was good talking to you yesterday. I love you! Hope to see and talk to y'all more leading up to and during Thanksgiving. God bless!
love,
Zack

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home