Name:
Location: Plano, Texas, United States

I am 32 years of age. I am striving to serve God in all that I do. I also like to read my Bible, biblical/ theological literature, and the comics in the newspaper.

Friday, November 17, 2006

Revolution part 4

Yo yo and hello everyone who's reading this. I hope and pray each of you feel God's love and blessings today.
I've been reading George Barna's Revolution. It is a book suggesting we change the way we do "church" in our society. One of the chapters I read today calls for a new way for us to do "church". In this chapter Barna says our society is all about one-size-fits-all worship services, when in actuality it's one size fits no one. So many churches have a routine every Sunday and Wendsday. Bible class at 9am, llam worship, 6 pm worship on Sundays and 7pm worship on Wendsdays. Just about every church I've seen goes by that basic schedual. It's like those times are the only scriptural times to have Bible classes and worship on Sundays and Wendsdays. Then Barna discusses two variations on a theme. Lastly he talks about models in the future. The next chapter I read tonight is about Jesus the Revoltionary. Jesus' life and ministry transformed everyone one He came in contact with and transformed everywhere He went to. To see this, Barna suggests, we look at Jesus' perspective. Then we need to see how He followed through. Then we see His identity. Next we see His priorities in life. And lastly we see His character and demeanor.
This is a really good book. All who read it and want to put the book's principles into practice will be changed by it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home