Name:
Location: Plano, Texas, United States

I am 32 years of age. I am striving to serve God in all that I do. I also like to read my Bible, biblical/ theological literature, and the comics in the newspaper.

Friday, November 10, 2006

The Master's Plan for Making Disciples

Yo yo and hello to everyone out there. I hope and pray the Lord is blessing each of you in wonderful ways today.
A friend of mine at church gave me a really good book called The Master's Plan for Making Disciples. I just started reading it yesterday. It's a book that is required reading for one of the classes I will take at SIBI. I wanted to get the book and read it before hand. In the introduction of the book the authors give a brief history of evangelism in the Early Church in the New Testament, impreticularly in Acts. And in chapter one they begin talking about the divine mandate that all Christians are in turn to teach and baptize more Christians. They use the terms "Christian" and "Disciple" inter-changebly (as I believe was intended in the New Testament as well).
The Great Commission in Matthew 28 says, "Go therefore and make disciples of all nations; baptizing them in the Name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit; teaching them everything I have commanded you; and lo I am with you always to the end of the ages" or something like that.
The first part obviously means we are to teach people about God and His Son Jesus Christ and baptize them. The second part says we are to teach them the ways of the Lord, help them grow in the faith, and help them to express that faith to others. And the third part means Jesus will be with us all the way through this life.
I plan to write about Revolution and The Master's Plan for Making Disciples on alternating days (ie. today I wrote about the Disciples book, so tomorrow I'll write about Revolution and so forth). Thank you all for reading today. God bless you all in Jesus name!
Zack
ps. The Mavs won last night over the Suns! Yeah baby! If we can put together a long winning streak no one will remember the 0-4 start. Go Mavs! God bless!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zack, I didn't know you were such an avid reader until you started blogging. I'm not such an avid reader myself, but recently Denyce and I have started reading together a book about marriage called, "Love and Respect" by Eggerichs.

If the Mavs' win streak doesn't materialize like you're hoping, there's always room over here in the Sacramento Kings camp if you want to come over and thaw a little... :-).

10:10 AM  
Blogger tim rush said...

Hey Zack, nice seeing your blog.

Good thoughts.

And good to see the Mavs won. The 0-4 start means nothing... they'll be just fine.

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home