Name:
Location: Plano, Texas, United States

I am 32 years of age. I am striving to serve God in all that I do. I also like to read my Bible, biblical/ theological literature, and the comics in the newspaper.

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

The Master's Plan for Making Disciples part 3

Yo, yo, and hello to all of my readers! I hope and pray all is well with everyone of you today.
I'll get to the book in a minute. But first there's this really funny story my dad told me. Here it goes.
Two sisters, one blonde and one burnette, inherit the family ranch. Unfortionately, after just a few years, they are in financial trouble. In order to keep the bank from re-possesing the ranch they need to purchase a bull from a stockyard in a far-away town so that they can breed their own stock. They only have $600 left.
Upon leaving, the burnette tells her sister, "When I get there, if I decide to buy the bull, I'll contact you to drive out after me and haul it home">
The burnette arrives at the stockyard, inspects the bull, and decides to buy it. The man tells her that he will sell it for $599, no less. After paying for him, she drives to the nearest town to send her sister a telegram to tell her the news.
She walks into the telegraph office, and says, "I want to send a telegram to my sister telling her that I've bought a bull for our ranch. I need her to hitch the trailer to our pickup truck and drive out here so we can haul it home".
The telegraph operator explains that he'll be glad to help her, then adds, "It's just 99 cents a word". Well, after paying for the bull, the burnette only has $1 left. She realizes that she'll only be able to send her sister one word. after a few minutes of thinking, she nods and says, "I want you to send her the word 'comfortable'."
The operator shakes his head. "How is she ever going to know that you her to hitch the trailer to your pickup truck and drive out here to haul the bull back to your ranch if you send her just the word 'comfortable'?"
The burnette explains, "My sister's blonde. The word's big. She'll read it very slowly... com-for-da-bull". (pretty funny don't you think?)
Alright. Now let's talk about the book. In the last chapter in The Master's Plan for Making Disciples Arn shows us the seven steps to disciple making. He shows us how identify people in our extended family and how to witness to them. We need to get involved in other people's lives and talk about things pretaining to them. He talks about a Christian man who has a friend who has a daughter that's having problems. The Christian then says that his daughter was having problems as well, but she got involved in the church youth group and is going great. And his non-Christian friends got involved in the church's counseling program and involved in the church.
I guess that is all for now. God bless you in Jesus' name! Have a great Thanksgiving tomorrow. Eat lot's of turkey, stuffiing, peacan pie, and so forth! Great stuff!
Zack
ps. On a side note, the Mavs are doing great now! I must be a prophet or something (now I know that's not true). GO MAVS!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home