Name:
Location: Plano, Texas, United States

I am 32 years of age. I am striving to serve God in all that I do. I also like to read my Bible, biblical/ theological literature, and the comics in the newspaper.

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Revolution part 7

Yo, yo, and hello from the Great Chickenfried nation! How is everyone doing today? I hope and pray all is well. It is really cold down here in the Dallas area. Sleet. No good. I bet that means we've got ice coming too. Ice is not good. Anyhow, I hope and pray the weather is good wherever you are today.
Anyhow, there are several things to talk about today. First off, I just finished reading chapter 11 of Revolution. In this chapter Barna talks about the marks of a Revolutionary. There are seven of them he lists and he gives each one great detail into each. These seven things are pivital (spelling error?) to the Revolutionary lifestyle. Paul talks about these things in Romans (where Barna talks a lot about in this chapter).
Secondly, I was reading in Matthew 4 today. Right after Jesus was baptized by John the Baptist He was lead by the Holy Spirit into the wilderness. There He fasted for 40 days and nights. After those days, it says, He was hungry. Then the devil tempts Jesus in several areas, one of them being turning stones into bread. I remember in a class I took at Harding. It was a Christian Counseling class. He was talking about this and he said that the devil plays dirty. But even when Jesus was at His physically lowest point He was (and still is) more powerful then Saten was at his best. Is that cool or what?! Even when He was physically weak from the fasting, He was spiritually stronger then Saten was. That amazes me.
Nextly, here is another favorite worship song of mine. Into Your Courts We Come.
Into Your courts we come!
Into Your courts we long to be!
Near to the thrown (spelling error?) of Your glory!
As we draw near to You,
Know that we're here to do Your will.
God, how we long to be near to You!
We all need to be in God's Holy presence everyday.
Singing. Praying. Humblying ourselves. That's what God wants from us. Is it not?
I guess that's all for now. God bless you all in Jesus' name! Thank you for reading.
Zack
ps. The Mavs won their 11th in a row last night! Next game we play Ron Artest and the Kings. Should be tough, but I am confident we will prevail. God bless you all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home