Name:
Location: Plano, Texas, United States

I am 32 years of age. I am striving to serve God in all that I do. I also like to read my Bible, biblical/ theological literature, and the comics in the newspaper.

Thursday, December 28, 2006

",,,To Death do us Part"

Yo, yo, and hello to all my readers! I hope and pray everyone is having a great day today.
When my brother and sisters and I were little I remember watching the movie Princess Bride countless times. I almost have the whole thing memorized. Especially the "mawage" sence.
As I recall here is how it goes, "Mawage- is what brings us togetha today!
That bwessed awangement! That dweam within a dweam will follow you all your life!
So charrich your wife! Do you have the wing?"
Marriage is really and truely a beautiful and wonderful thing. When you find a man and woman who truely love each other, they commit their lives to each other in marriage, and stay commited to each other, then it is a beautiful thing to behold.
The phrase "...to death do us part" has taken on new meaning to me recently. At my church there was a couple who had been married for 58 years. Fifty-eight years! That is truely awesome! But when they celebrated their 50th wedding anniversery the wife was starting to show signs of Parkinsons (spelling error?) disease. It quickly got worse. By the end of the year or 2 years she was reduced to being a vegtable (spelling error?). All she could do was lye there. She couldn't walk. Couldn't talk. Couldn't move. Couldn't do anything, except lay there. Her body had become a prison of sorts for her. But her loving husband kept taking care of her. Even when she had to be put in the hospital, he visited her every single day. I think he missed one day in the 3 years she was there. And that was because it was too icey on the roads to drive on. She passed away earlier this year. Her husband misses her greatly. I know he always will. He goes to visit her in the cemetary everyday. What a great example they were and still are.
"... To death do us part".
God bless you all in Jesus' name!
Zack

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zack,
I just got back from lunch and Floyd was here waiting to talk to me. He had just come from the cemetery. Your blog was a great tribute to him and Bernice. Thanks!
love, dad

11:31 AM  
Blogger Zack said...

Thank you Dad. They will never be forgotten. We love them very much.
Love you Dad. Thanks!
Zack

5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home