Name:
Location: Plano, Texas, United States

I am 32 years of age. I am striving to serve God in all that I do. I also like to read my Bible, biblical/ theological literature, and the comics in the newspaper.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

new format

Yo, yo, and hello to everyone! I hope and pray all is well! I need to apologize for not writing a blog in the past few days. No excuses. Sorry.
I've been thinking (which is kinda dangerous for me- lol!). I think I'm going to stop writing about the books I'm reading. Don't know what to write about then. I'll just try to be more creative.
So here it goes. Today is Wendsday. As many of you know I went through the AIM program in 2002. AIM stands for Adventures in Missions. It is an 8 month training program at Sunset Church of Christ in Lubbock, TX. This is the same church that runs Sunset International Bible Institute where I hope and pray to go to in 2008. You go to school for 8 months there and then you go to a mission field under the supervision of a missionary. AIM is served by a director, an AIM staff director and a number of AIM assistances. The AIM assistances were them selves AIMers who went through the program and served on the mission field. They are role models for the current AIMers in Lubbock and help them prepare themselves for their own time on the field. During your AIM time in Lubbock you will participate in Area Church too. Area Church is where the AIM director puts the AIMers into groups and they go with two AIM assistances to a church in Lubbock or in the surrounding area of Lubbock on Sundays. The places I went, we helped teach Bible classes, did service projects, had devotionals with the youth group, helped lead worship services, and any number of things. AIM also takes a lot of trips as well to visit supporting churches and other churches interested in knowing more about AIM. For example, an anual trip is taken to Paducah, KY to work with the Loneoke (I'm sure I misspelled that) Church of Christ there. This church is a supporting church for the AIM director and his family. Another annual trip is taken to Paris, TX to work with the Lamar Avenue Church of Christ. This church is also a long time supporter of the AIM program. And they support the AIM staff director too I believe. And they will visit a few more depending on travel schedualing and what not.
On Wendsdays the AIMers get together and read notes from AIMers on the mission field. The AIM director reads their letters and then they pray for all of them and all the other AIMers on the field. It is a regular activity for those at Sunset to pray for the AIM students on Wendsdays. All AIMers make a covenant with each other to pray for each other and for current and future AIM students. So, please offer up a prayer for the AIMers on their respective mission fields and for the current AIMers as well today. And do so regularly, especially on Wendsdays.
And please pray for Elijah and Kristan Peters (preparing to go to Auckland, New Zealand) and for Rob and Denyce Hindman (preparing to go to Moscow, Russia). Both of these couples are great friends of mine and both are preparing to be missionaries on their respective mission fields. Thank you all!
On a closing note, I hope everyone is having a great New Year! And hope that everyone is making some New Year's resolutions to make some positive changes in their lives and especially some positive changes as regards in your relationships with family, friends, and most importantly with God. I know I need to do that.
God bless you in Jesus' name! Talk more tomorrow.
Zack
"... The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into His harvest field." Matthew 9:37-38

2 Comments:

Blogger Life in the Herman House said...

Hi Zach - it's so great to hear from you!! Sounds like you love Lubbock!! How is Katie? I REALLY miss her - our soccer team is just not the same without her!

Hope you are doing great - have a great day!

In Him, Shannon & Jason

11:51 AM  
Blogger Zack said...

Thank you Shannon and Jason! Katie left to go back to Lubbock today about 45 minutes ago I guess. I really miss her already. How's the DC soccer team doing? Good, I hope. Y'all have email? Mine is dxddgr9800@hotmail.com or zckblaisdell@yahoo.com (zack minus the a, thus zckblaisdell@yahoo.com). The pics of y'all and Audrey are really pretty! God bless! Hope to hear from y'all again soon. Peace be with you.
Z

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home