Name:
Location: Plano, Texas, United States

I am 32 years of age. I am striving to serve God in all that I do. I also like to read my Bible, biblical/ theological literature, and the comics in the newspaper.

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Letting Go and Keeping Heart- To The End

Yo, yo, and hello everyone! I hope and pray everyone has had a great day of worship to God today, the Lord's Day!
I just read the last two chapters in The Journey of Desire. This is an excellent book. Please, don't take my word for it. Go and buy it and read it. You'll love it!
Chapter eleven is Letting Go and talks about waiting and hoping for what we truely desire. There is a real tension in waiting and hoping. But that is what the scriptures talk about. Romans 8:24 says, "... But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what he already has?" This speaks of desire. So we must learn to live in the tension between waiting and hoping for what we really and truely desire. We can't arrange for it. To try to will lead to disaster.
And chapter twelve is Keeping Heart- To The End. This speaks of forgetfulness. This is a very present enemy. We must hang on to what we desire and persevere to the end. We must hold on to the truth of God's Word in our hearts. We must give Him our desires. We can't arrange for them. If we go after impostors, God will detour us and help us find what is truely our desire.
That is all from The Journey of Desire. I'll write about Risk for the remainder of Febuary begining tomorrow. God bless you all in Jesus' name!
Zack
PS. Please continue to pray for my parents and Jim Corner this week. They are in their second stop, Kumba, to do their Camerounian Church Leaders Siminar. My dad and Jim taught a Bible class and preached this morning in two different churches this morning. They and my mom will start teaching in the seminar starting tomorrow. Thanks y'all! Blessings!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just checked in and this was a special verse to me. sometimes, I get so busy with working and all, that I don't take time for the more spiritual. Thank you, Zack, for being a constant inspiration!
Suzan

7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home