Name:
Location: Plano, Texas, United States

I am 32 years of age. I am striving to serve God in all that I do. I also like to read my Bible, biblical/ theological literature, and the comics in the newspaper.

Monday, February 05, 2007

Whatz up?!

Yo, yo, and hello! I'm very sorry I haven't blogged lately. I don't know what happened. Just got busy I guess. No excuses. I'll do better this time around. I hope everyone had a great January, and now have a great Febuary. Tomorrow my parents and Jim Corner leave to go to Cameroun to teach in a church leaders's seminar. They'll be back on Febuary 28th. Please be praying for them. Especially my mom, because she's been sick to her stomuch because of a pill she had to take to be able to go on this trip. I am confident they will do extremely well over there.
Anyhow, I've been reading a couple of new books, but I'll blog about them tomorrow. The books are Journey of Desire by John Eldridge and Risk by Kenny Luck. Journey of Desire is about searching for the life we've only been dreaming of. And Risk is about steping (spelling error?) out on faith and trusting God with our whole life. If you can, please go out and get them. Very good reads!
Here is something I've been thinking about. I heard Jim Mora Senior call Michael Vick a "coach killer". Vick plays for the Atlanta Falcons, the team that Jim Mora Junior used to coach for. I honesly can't think of how Mora Senior could say such a thing about Vick. He's a great player. Some people have called Terrel Ownes a "coach killer" and they are absolutely correct. The guy has only personally wrecked two teams. So, all of this got me thinking, "Who are 'church killers' out there"? Proverbs tells us a little bit about "church killers". In chapter 6 verses 16 through 19 we read a list that reads "There are six things the LORD hates, seven that are detestable to Him ..." and among those seven things is "... a man who stirs up dissension among brothers". There is a man like this mentioned in 3 John 1:9ff. It reads, "I wrote to the church, but Diotrephes, who loves to be first, will have nothing to do with us. So if I come, I will call attention to what he is doing, gossiping maliciously about us. Not satisfied with that, he refuses to welcome the brothers. He also stops those who want to do so and puts them out of the church". I hope and pray there is no like that in our churches. Just something that was on my mind.
I'll write about the books begining tomorrow. God bless you all in Jesus' name!
Zack
ps. The Colts won the Super Bowl! And Peyton Manning got MVP! Can I call it or what? I should move to Las Vegas and be one of the Lines makers (or whatever they call them). Maybe not. What a messy game! Six turnovers in that first half. And it was incredibly rainy there. Makes for a great football game. And some of the commericals were good and some were very distasteful. Have a blessed day everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home