Name:
Location: Plano, Texas, United States

I am 32 years of age. I am striving to serve God in all that I do. I also like to read my Bible, biblical/ theological literature, and the comics in the newspaper.

Thursday, January 25, 2007

The Books

Yo, yo, and hello everyone! I hope and pray all is well with all of you.
I have read the next chapter in The Dirt on Learning and the next chapter in Visioneering.
The next chapter in The Dirt on Learning follows the last section of the parable: the good soil that produced a hundred, sixty, and thirty times what was sown. The good soil represents what Jesus is really going for. He isn't interested in merely scattering seeds out there. He's interested in producing crops. He's not interested in temporary seed sprouting. He wants strong, healthy crops. He doesn't want temporary converts that will fall away. He wants those who actively, and genuenly understand; and who have counted the cost of discipleship. To do all this, we need to take active steps to ensure that our teaching is learner-based. This means thinking outside the box in most cases. We need to take active steps for taking care of the fields to make sure they are able to yeild good crops. We need to take active steps to make sure we're doing the best job we can in teaching in ways that are learner-based.
Now on to Visioneering. The next chapter in this book is called Alignment. This is saying we need to stay focused on the vision that the team has set. Everyone needs to be in "alignment". Everyone needs to stay focused even in the mundane jobs we may be doing before we can act on the vision and in the day to day jobs we do for the vision. We need to set aside a time to make sure everyone is ok and still focused on the vision. "Visions thrive in an enviornment of unity; they die in an enviornment of division". If there's any division amoungst the team, the problem must be fixed, or the team and the vision will be destroyed. We must stay focused and take action to ensure everyone is still on the same page of vision.
On a more personal note, I have a lot of friends who are married and are having children of their own now. My church's knew Outreach minister and his wife just had a baby girl just a few days ago I believe. Two of my sister's friends have had baby boys. And some of my sister's, brother-in-law's, and my friends have had children. There is a lot of excitment and joy in the air! Thank you all for reading my Ebook. God bless you all in Jesus' name!
Zack
ps. The Dallas Mavricks are on a roll! We've won 7 or 8 in a row now. We just defeated the Orlando Magic and face the Chicago Bulls tonight and play the Sacromento Kings over the weekend. Go Mavs!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home