Name:
Location: Plano, Texas, United States

I am 32 years of age. I am striving to serve God in all that I do. I also like to read my Bible, biblical/ theological literature, and the comics in the newspaper.

Monday, February 26, 2007

Listening

Howdy everybody! I hope everyone is having a great day today! I have finished reading and blogging about The Journey of Desire and Risk now. I'll start two new reading projects in March. That leaves two days wondering what to blog about.
Last night at BRCC the 5th and 6th grade boys lead the service. They are part of the Timothy and Tabitha class at our church. The boys prepare mini sermons and song leading to do on a particular Sunday night and the girls prepare to teach one of the children's classes on a Wenesday night (which they will do this Wenesday night). One of the boys did a talk about listening to God and asked the obvious question, "do we really listen to God?". In 1 Samuel 3, Samuel is living with the priest Eli . Samuel hears his name being called, and thinks it's Eli calling him, so he runs to him and says, "hear I am, you called me". Eli says, "I did not call; go back and lie down". This happens 2 or 3 times. I think I would have been awefully annoyed after 2 or 3 times of that. How about you? Anyhow, finally Eli senses what's going on and told Samuel, "... if you he calls you say, 'Speak Lord, for Your servant is listening'". And he does. The Lord calls Samuel again and he says, "Speak, for Your servant is listening". The rest there, as they say, is history. But sometimes we make excuses. Jeremiah was called by the Lord to do a great work, and he said, "But sovereign Lord, I am only a child". But the Lord said, "Do not say 'I am only a child' but you must speak to who ever I send you to ..." (Jeremiah 1). Of course I did do it and did a marvelous job!
I must ask my self "how well do I listen to God?". How about you? Your thoughts.
God bless you all in Jesus' name today and everyday.
Zack

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home