Name:
Location: Plano, Texas, United States

I am 32 years of age. I am striving to serve God in all that I do. I also like to read my Bible, biblical/ theological literature, and the comics in the newspaper.

Friday, January 25, 2008

Life house

Greetings one and all. I just wanted to take a brief break from the usual series and blog about something that I've been thinking about. My brother-in-law Jake wrote an awesome blog about a song by a group called Life house. The song is called Everything. You can read his blog at risefromyourslumber.wordpress.com.
I can't remember all of the words to the song, but the chorus goes like this:
How can I stand here with You and not be moved by you?
Would you tell me how could it be any better than this?
On Jake's blog he even has the music video of this song on it. You gotta watch that video. Every time I see it, it makes me cry. Very moving song.
Anyhow, Jake makes an obvious connection to one of Jesus' disciples Judas Iscariot "who would later betray Him". It is hard to believe that he could live, walk, eat with, and talk with Jesus for two or three years, and not be "moved" by Him. To our knowledge all of the others remained faithful to Jesus all of their lives, but even if one is lost is one too many. Judas even had a promenat roll with Jesus too. He was the keeper of the money bag. But the Bible also says that he would just help himself to what was put into it.
It gives me chills just thinking about if I am as close to Him as I should be. I have done things that I'm not proud of, but hope and pray that I will always be penitent and turn back to Jesus and beg for forgiveness.
And lastly, I get chills thinking about people I know and love who once followed Jesus so closely, but now don't follow Him at all. We probably all have people in our lives like that. Let's all pray for those friends of ours that God will some how some way wake them up spiritually and make them see that He is real and He really does love them.
"How can I stand here with You and not be moved by You?
Would you tell me how could be any better than this?"
Peace!
Zack

2 Comments:

Blogger Princess Warrior for my King said...

Hey Zack! Very interesting thoughts. I'm going to go check it out now! Thanks for your prayers! ~Megan

9:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zack, you are a true servant and one who inspires! Love, Suzan

6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home