Name:
Location: Plano, Texas, United States

I am 32 years of age. I am striving to serve God in all that I do. I also like to read my Bible, biblical/ theological literature, and the comics in the newspaper.

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Two birthdays and an Anniversary

Greetings one and all! It's been a while, hasn't it? Sorry about that. I didn't mean to take such a long break. A lot has happened since our last meeting. My mother's and sister's birthdays were last week (September 25 and 28 respectively). Happy belated birthday Mom and Angie! And our grandparents (we call them Granddaddy and Nana) celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary on Saturday. It was a beautiful ceremony! My dad did their re-exchanging of vows. He did a great job! During it he shared a story of Winston Churchill. He and his wife were at a dinner party and everyone was to share who they would most like to be. When it was Churchill's turn he simply said, "If I couldn't be myself, I would choose to be Mrs Churchill's second husband". He took her by the hand and kissed it, and said that he wouldn't change a thing. That he would marry her all over again. That's what my grandparents said to each other on Saturday. It was a great ceremony! Happy Anniversary Granddaddy and Nana!
I remember going to their 50th wedding anniversary 10 years ago in 1997. Granddaddy and Nana are our grandparents on our mom's side of the family. That same year our grandparents on dad's side (Meme and Pop) also celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary. It was a great time for everyone in our family! But the next year (1998) Pop passed away from lung cancer. That has been hard on everyone. Especially on Saturday thinking about them and that they would be celebrating 60 years of marriage as well, if Pop were still alive. Pop, we love you and miss you like crazy! Rest in peace.
In closing, life is a wonderful thing. But let us never forget that this life on earth is not all there is. Eternity is on the other side. There are only two choices of where we will be for eternity too. We will either spend it with God in heaven or a way from Him in torment in hell. While we are on this side, we can choose to obey God and love each other. If we don't, we're in trouble. Let's never forget that.
Be blessed!
Zack

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you got your card! I was just brushing my teeth and wondering if you would have gotten it, then I decided that it still wasn't time for you to get it. I'm so glad that you did!

Well we both need to get to bed. We always appreciate your encouragement so much, and I know that we're not the only ones who do. You are definitely a modern day Barnabas.

Yours,

Brandon Price

1:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zack,
Those were some great thoughts. Thanks for remembering Pop. It means a lot.
I love you son, dad

6:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Zack,
I like reading your blog. You are a wise man (when we aren't discussing uniforms or the like).
We love you, jacob and katie

9:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zack, my bro,
I love hearing from you on here and this was a great post. Denyce and I appreciate you so much.

7:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zack:

Your comments about the grand parents (both sets) were very touching. Nana and I really appreciate what you had to say about us.

I am sure that your grandfather Walter Blaisdell appreciates your rememberance of him.

We love you very much, and are waiting for you to write some bloggs on your new endeavor: The review of financial planning. You might just come up with some good information for us and for other readeres of your bloggs.

With much love and appreciation,

Grandfather,
Charles

8:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zack, this was a very special blog. How we love GrandDaddy and Nana. I know your blog meant everything to them, you are their first grandchild!

And, we remember and miss Pop, too!
Love, Suzan

6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home