Name:
Location: Plano, Texas, United States

I am 32 years of age. I am striving to serve God in all that I do. I also like to read my Bible, biblical/ theological literature, and the comics in the newspaper.

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Things on my mind

Well, hello there everyone! I pray everyone is having a great day today,
Before I get to the subject of the day, let me tell you a few jokes about some of our US states. Here are a few:
The IRS state: taxes (TX)
The gambling state: I owe ah..... (IA)
The veggie states: Ockrahoma (OK) and Arkanslaw (AR)
The question state: I'll ask ah... (AK)
The cheese state: Swissconsin (WI)
The small coke state: Minni-soda (MN)
That's all I've got so far. If any of you have any good state jokes, put them on my "comments" section on this blog please. But now let's get down to business. The US has become a real mission field. A lot of our churches are loosing people right and left. A lot of churches are closing their doors for good. This is a real problem brothers and sisters and we need to do something about this. The Northeast region of the US is the most populated area and least evangelized. The Northwest region isn't too far behind. Both of these areas need new churches to be planted and there are already existing churches that are dieing and need to be revived. And now even the "Bible Belt" has churches that are going down and need our attention.
This country is a mission field like any other country around the world now.
Lord-willing next August I plan to enroll at Sunset International Bible Institute and hope to get on board with a team of missionaries in order to plant a church in the Northeast. In time I also pray to join a church staff as Outreach Minister, or Spiritual Development Minister, or Education Minister. We need more workers in the Lord's harvest fields all around the world. But we can't forget about our own country too.
"... The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into His harvest field" (Matthew 9:37-38).
Zack
ps. Dwight Whitsett (Bible teacher at Sunset) has written a great blog on this subject on his blog site at dwhitsett.wordpress.com. Check it out. Be blessed!

2 Comments:

Blogger BLONDIE said...

I WILL BE PRAYING FOR YOU THAT GOD WILL OPEN UP THE DOORS THAT YOU NEED TO WALK THROUGH AND I WILL PRAY FOR DIVINE APPOINTMENTS FOR YOU TO BE ABLE TO MINISTER TO OTHERS. I AGREE THAT WORKERS IN THE FIELDS ARE FEW. I KNOW THE ENEMY IS USING FEAR AND TIMIDITY TO CAUSE PEOPLE TO LIVE UNDER THE OPINIONS OF WHAT MAN THINKS ABOUT THEM INSTEAD OF WHAT GOD THINKS.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR WRITINGS THEY ARE VERY ENCOURAGING.

12:43 PM  
Blogger BLONDIE said...

THANK YOU FOR YOUR COMMENT. I AM GOING TO ENJOY READING YOUR THOUGHTS AND IDEAS. MY NAME IS LORI.

6:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home