Name:
Location: Plano, Texas, United States

I am 32 years of age. I am striving to serve God in all that I do. I also like to read my Bible, biblical/ theological literature, and the comics in the newspaper.

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Prayers for Missionaries part next

Hello everyone! I pray everyone is had a good day yesterday and will have a good one today.
I remember when I went through the AIM program in 2002. One of our instructors told us about when he and his family moved back to Lubbock, TX after being missionaries in Mexico for some time. He and his wife are Sunset grads and were coming back to teach for AIM and the Sunset School of Preaching. His first time to teach for the AIM students he got up there and started teaching in Spanish. Everyone started laughing at him. Then he finally realized what he was doing. Then he said, "You know what guys? This just isn't working for me today. Y'all can go home". I'm sure the AIM students were really excited about getting off school early that day. But the instructor was obviously having a really hard time. It's what is often referred to as "reverse-culture shock". That means when you have been out of the country for an extended period of time (ie. doing mission work, tour of duty with the Army, or whatever), when you "go home" you expect every thing to go back to where it was when you left. And that's hardly the case. The truth of the matter is you have changed. Tremendously. And so has everyone else in your family too. There are new important things in your life now. And their are new important things in your family's lives too.
Some of the AIM students who are in the 2005 class are making preparations to leave their mission fields and go back to their families again. Some have already done so. Some will later on. Please keep them all in your prayers. This will be extremely hard on them to leave the place were they have spent so much of their time and energy.
Of course, please be praying for the AIM students who are on their mission fields all over the world. Please pray for the AIM students who are in Lubbock now preparing for their time on the mission field.
Please pray for my friends Elijah and Kristan as they prepare to go to Auckland, New Zealand. Pray for Rob and Denyce as they go through Advanced Missions and as they prepare to go to Moscow, Russia. And please pray for my friends Robin and Chrissy as they go through Sunset in preparation to be missionaries.
Lord-willing I will attend Sunset next year in the Fall of 2008. I am currently raising funds to attend Sunset. If you are willing to support me please email me at blaisdellzack14@gmail.com. I will tell you more about my plans, as well as a resume and philosophy of ministry statement. If you know of anyone who can help me, please feel free to pass this info on to them as well. And please keep me in your prayers as well. Thanks! God bless you all!
Zack Blaisdell

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home