Name:
Location: Plano, Texas, United States

I am 32 years of age. I am striving to serve God in all that I do. I also like to read my Bible, biblical/ theological literature, and the comics in the newspaper.

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Seeing The Unseen

Howdy howdy everybody! I hope everyone is doing good. Lord-willing my parents and Jim Corner will arrive at DFW airport at 3:22 pm or so today. Can't wait to see them!
I know it's still Febuary, but thought I would start a new reading project to blog about. It's Seeing The Unseen by Joe Beam. I've already read the Intro and chapter one. The Intro just introduced the book, what he talks about in the book, and how it will help the reader. There are four sections in the book. The first section is Seeing The Unseen. The second section is Forces At Work Against Us. The third one is Forces At Work With In Us. And the forth section is Forces At Work For Us.
The first chapter in section one is What Is Spiritual Vision?. There are spiritual forces all around us all the time. When we want to do something good or bad, we need to ask ourselves, why do I want to do this?, and what forces are there around me that stirring me this direction?. We need to be careful though. The answers could surprise us. Sometimes we feel that God is leading us to do something even though what we are doing is biblically wrong. Yet, we still feel it is what God wants us to do. Again, we need to ask ourselves "if I could seen the unseen spiritual forces around me right now, what would I see?". The answers could surprise and shock (spelling error?) us.
This is Wenesday, so please pray for the AIM students around the world on their mission fields and for the AIMers in Lubbock preparing for the mission field. And pray for the Sunset students too. Many of them are preparing for internships and graduation and whatnot. And lastly please pray for my friends Elijah and Kristan and Rob and Denyce and their respective mission teams as they prepare to be missionaries in different parts of the world.
Thank you all! God bless you in Jesus' name today and every day.
Zack

2 Comments:

Blogger Stoned-Campbell Disciple said...

Beam's book is thoughtful indeed. May you be blessed in its reading.

Shalom,
Bobby Valentine

9:36 AM  
Blogger Zack said...

Thank you sir! I am indeed. Very thought provoking! Scary even! God bless!

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home