Name:
Location: Plano, Texas, United States

I am 32 years of age. I am striving to serve God in all that I do. I also like to read my Bible, biblical/ theological literature, and the comics in the newspaper.

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Seeing The Unseen ch. 5

Greetings one and all! I hope and pray everyone had a great Sunday Morning of Worship to God!
I have read the fifth chapter in Seeing The Unseen. It discusses the question Where Did Satan Come From And Where Is He Now?. Ezekiel 28:12-17 gives a vivide discription of what appears to be the devil. It tells of his rise and fall, perhaps in the Garden of Eden. Mr Beam seems to think that the devil was the guardian of the Garden when Adam and Eve disobeyed God and thus when the devil fell too. I don't know if I agree with this or not. But in any rate Satan rules the world. He also rules the air. He is powerful, but Jesus still rules over all. That is important for us to remember. No matter what evil occurs on this earth God still reigns! We must never forget that! Our God reigns!
I was reading the report in the Christian Chronicle about population and church membership increases and decreases from 1980 through now (2006). There are a number of States that have rapidly increased in both of those (Florida and Georgia for example). There are those who decreased in both of those (like West Virgina). Then there are those who have increased in population and decreased in church membership (Tennesse and Arkansas). As many of you know by now, I am hoping and praying to attend SIBI in 2008. After that I would like to start a church planting mission team, join an already existing team, or join a church staff in an area where church membership has been faltering. Perhaps even join a church staff in an area where the population has greatly increased, but church membership hasn't gone up much (ie. Texas or Arizona for example).
I guess that's all for now. I'll write about the next chapter in Seeing The Unseen tomorrow. God bless you all in Jesus' name!
Zack

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home