Name:
Location: Plano, Texas, United States

I am 32 years of age. I am striving to serve God in all that I do. I also like to read my Bible, biblical/ theological literature, and the comics in the newspaper.

Thursday, April 26, 2007

How God Answers Prayers

Greetings one and all. I found the following poem (or whatever you want to call this) while I was going through some things in my bed room. It is pretty cool. Please tell me what you think of it.
How God answers prayer:
I asked God to send me His friends- He sent you.
I asked God to take away my pain- God said, It is not for Me to take away, but for you to give it up".
I asked God to make my handicapped child whole- God said, "Their spirit is whole; their body is temporary".
I asked God to grant me patience- God said, "Patience is a by-product of tribulations; it isn't granted, it is earned".
I asked God to give me happiness- God said, "I give you blessings, happiness is up to you".
I asked God to spare me pain- God said, "Suffering draws you apart from worldly cares and brings you closer to Me".
I asked God to make my spirit grow- God said, "You must grow on your own, but I will prune you to make you fruitful".
I asked God for all things that I might enjoy life- God said, "I will give you life so that you will enjoy all things".
I asked God to help me love others, as much as He loves me- God said, "Finally, you have the idea".
Your thoughts:
I finished reading Simple Church today. Tomorrow I'll do a series of blogs about their ideas in the book. Simple Church is a facinating book! I loved it and highly endorse it.
Be blessed!
Zack

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like that poem, good find :) I especially like the last part:

"I asked God to help me love others, as much as He loves me- God said, 'Finally, you have the idea'."

7:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home