Name:
Location: Plano, Texas, United States

I am 32 years of age. I am striving to serve God in all that I do. I also like to read my Bible, biblical/ theological literature, and the comics in the newspaper.

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Sorry

Hi y'all! Man! Sorry I haven't blogged in so long! Crazy stuffs been happening. I'll do better.
While at Harding I heard a really funny story about one of my professors. The following story didn't occur in the class I took, but in an other class he teaches. I heard he told his class the next class meeting would take place by the school swimming pool. So for class that day they met at the swimming pool. The professor taught from the diving board. After he was done teaching he went to end of the diving board and jumped into the pool (he was wearing his suit, ty, slacks, the works)!
When he got his head above water he raised his fists and arms over his head and yelled out, "I'm gun ho for Jesus! Now who's with me!". And everyone started yelling, "Yeah! Yeah!" and they all jumped in too! Thinking about that story also got me thinking about who in the Bible was gun ho for Jesus? Of course there were tons of people, but impreticularly the Apostle Paul was. As we all recall Paul heated Christians at first, but was converted in Acts 9. Then he immediately turned his whole focus from hateing Jesus to loving Him. Acts tells of his missionary journeys and all the adventures he encountered in each of them. Each of the letters he wrote to various churches and friends, he instills in them huge doses of his insights and wisdom.
What I want to focus on now is what he said to the Corinthians in his second letter to them that we have. In chapter one verses 8 through 9 says, "We do not want you to be uninformed, brothers, about the hardships we suffered in the province of Asia. We were under great pressure, far beyond our ability to endure, so we despaired even of life. Indeed, in our hearts we felt the sentence of death. But this happened that we might not depend on ourselves but on God who raises the dead". Remarkable! Paul and his companions obviously were fighting for their lives every step of the way. But they always believed in God and that He would rescue them, and He did. May we be like that too. Trusting God for everything.
Today is Wednesday, so let me close for the day with a plug to pray for missionaries and especially for the AIM students. And for more workers for the harvest field all over the world too. May God bless us all!
Be blessed! Peace out!
Zack

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great story man. One thing that has been imprinted on my heart lately is the absurdity of faith. Your teacher's example was a good illustration of that. It's not about suits, ties, slacks, cars, houses, etc... It's about people loving Jesus. All else is a distraction and has no actual value. Good thoughts.

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home