Name:
Location: Plano, Texas, United States

I am 32 years of age. I am striving to serve God in all that I do. I also like to read my Bible, biblical/ theological literature, and the comics in the newspaper.

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Stuff on my mind

Yo, yo, and hello! How's everyone doing today? I hope all is well. Sorry it's been a while since my last blog. Been really busy, but will do better at keeping this thing going.
Lately I've been reading Simple Church by Thom Rainer and Eric Geiger and The Way Of The Wild Heart by John Eldridge. Simple Church is about being simple. It talks about having a very simple and concrete plan to help us evangelise our friends and neighbors and help them along the way to spiritual formation. Too many churches have a wide assortment of programs. Simple Church suggests boiling it down considerably to just a hand full. They need to be sequential. You complete one then go on to the next one. All the ministries of the church need to be united under the church's mission statement as well. It's a great book! I highly recommend it.
Eldridge's book is also very good. It is a road map for bringing boys on a jounrey to being a man, to masculinity (I hope I spelled that right). I'll write more about them tomorrow.
My grandfather (we call him Granddaddy) had an angiogram (however you spell that) yesterday. He needed to have it in order to be cleared to have knee replacement surgery in the future. My grandmother (Nana) is recovering well from her operation a few weeks ago. Please be praying for them.
And lastly, as I've talked about before, we need to be praying for more workers for the Lord's harvest fields. There are so many places in the world that need to hear the gospel. I've heard Asia has 60% of the world's population and is recieving 10% of our attention in regard to mission work. The United States of America is truely a mission field now too. The Northeast is our most populated area, and the least evangelized. The West Coast (and especially the Pacific Northwest) needs our attention. And we can't forget about the South (some people call it the Bible Belt) too. So many of our churches are loosing (spelling error?) too many people. We need more men to become Preachers, Youth workers, Outreach Ministers, and so forth. We need more workers in the harvest fields all throughout the world.
"... The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out more workers in to His harvest field". Matthew 9:37-38
Be blessed!
Zack

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I appreciate your thoughts and your heart, Zack! Good stuff.

8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home