Name:
Location: Plano, Texas, United States

I am 32 years of age. I am striving to serve God in all that I do. I also like to read my Bible, biblical/ theological literature, and the comics in the newspaper.

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Prayers for Missionaries part 2

Greetings one and all. Once again I am sorry for not blogging again yesterday. Busy busy busy. What can I say.
A group of eight people (three from my home church Buckingham Road Church of Christ) left yesterday to go to Cameroun, West Africa for a World Bible School mission trip. I went on this trip at this time last year. Please be in prayer for them while they are gone. This trip is absolutely awesome! I loved going last year and wished I could have gone this year as well. It is a great experience. Please pray for the AIM students who are just now arriving on their mission fields. And for the AIM students who have been on their fields for a while now. Please pray for my friends Elijah and Kristan and their whole team as they go to Auckland, New Zealand in September. Please pray for my friends Rob and Denyce and their whole team as they get ready for Advanced Missions at Sunset as part of their preparations for their time in Russia. And lastly please pray for Sunset students as they minister for God and His Word all over the world. I am so very excited about attending Sunset in 2008 with the hope of doing the same things myself. But only with God's help and blessings. I love Sunset's mission statement: Let's go ... Make Disciples! That is mine as well.
I love Matthew 9:37-38 which says, "... the harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into His harvest field". And I love Isaiah 6. There Isaiah is and suddenly the Lord's glory fills the whole place. And Isaiah cries out, 'woe to me! I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the LORD Almighty" (v5). And an angel flies down and picks up a burning coal out of a furnace and touches his lips with it and says, "see, this has touched your lips, your guilt is taken away and your sin atoned for. Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, 'Who shall I send and who will go for Us'! And I said, 'Here am I. Send me'!" That is my plea as well. "Here am I, Lord. Please send me"!
How about you? Be blessed!
Zack

2 Comments:

Blogger Stoned-Campbell Disciple said...

Zach thanks for reminding us to lift up missions and missionaries in our prayers. We often in our congregations fail to do just that. These are kingdom prayers.

Shalom,
Bobby Valentine

7:53 AM  
Blogger Stoned-Campbell Disciple said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home