Name:
Location: Plano, Texas, United States

I am 32 years of age. I am striving to serve God in all that I do. I also like to read my Bible, biblical/ theological literature, and the comics in the newspaper.

Saturday, May 12, 2007

Jeremiah 29: 1-14 The Plans I have for you

Greetings everyone! I pray you are all having a great day today. The next keynote lecture in the Pepperdine Lectureship series is on Jeremiah 29: 1 through 14. Verses 1 through 10 just talk about that Jeremiah wrote a letter to Jerusalem about Nebuchadnezzer and others and that there were those out there who are telling the people things that the Lord said that were not true. But verses 10 through 14 read, "This is what the Lord says: 'When seventy years are completed in Babylon, I will come to you and fulfill My gracious promise to bring you back to this place. For I know the plans I have for you', declares the Lord. 'Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon Me and come to pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart. I will be found by you', declares the Lord, 'and will bring you back from captivity. I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you', declares the Lord, 'and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile". I think this is saying that even if others deceive us and try to hurt us, God will never hurt us. His plans are meant to help us, never to harm us. God means to bless us, never to bring us harm. Even when things seem bad, God intends to bless us not to hurt us. Any thoughts on this please?
I just heard that Dirk is going to be named NBA MVP next week. That is a very bitter-sweet thing for me. Yes, Dirk deserves to be named MVP because of the great year the Dallas Mavericks had this year. But, nevertheless, we fell way short of what we wanted to accomplish this year. It's too bad we didn't win against Golden State in the first round. That would have made this allot more sweeter.
And, in closing, to all the mothers (and mothers to be) Happy Mother's Day tomorrow! After church tomorrow we're all going to our grandparent's house to celebrate. Should be lots of fun! Can't wait. What are you going to do to celebrate?
I'll write on the last keynote lecture on Monday. That one will be on Jeremiah 31:31 through 34, which is on "I will make a new covenant".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home