Name:
Location: Plano, Texas, United States

I am 32 years of age. I am striving to serve God in all that I do. I also like to read my Bible, biblical/ theological literature, and the comics in the newspaper.

Friday, May 04, 2007

Becoming Simple & I need a hug

Well hello and hello everyone! I hope and pray everyone is having a great day today.
This is my last post about Simple Church. This last chapter is Becoming Simple. Here the authors give a few suggestions about implementing the ideas about being a simple church.
There is a very sad fact that is emerging in our culture. Too many children are growing up who have never heard of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior. No dought they have heard of McDonald's and eat there quite often, but never heard of Jesus and never been in church.
Also there are alot of people who develop heart problems and need to have bypass surgeries. These people are often faced with having to change their lifestyles very drastically. Some of these do make the necessary changes, but most don't. They are faced with change or you die. Some churches are like this too. They see the changing culture and so many people who need to hear about Jesus. They study and talk about changes they need to make to reach their culture. Some do make the necessary changes to evangelise their culture, but most don't. Again, they are faced with change or the church will die.
In Malichi chapter one we read about how the people back then offered sub-par offerings to the Lord and He obviously isn't pleased sub-par offerings. He wants our full and undivided attention. He wants to give us His best, He demands our best in return. Mediocrity isn't sufficient. Never was and never will be. Here are four simple steps to becoming a simple church.
Step one is design a simple process (clarity). Step two is place your key programs along the process (movement). The third step is unite all ministries around the process (alignment). And the forth step is begin to eliminate things outside the process (focus). To get a better idea about how to be a simple church, please go out and buy this book. It's great! I highly recommend it. Now, it's time to put it into practice.
Before I close for the day, I really need a hug today. Last night my Mavs lost the forth game to the Warriors. I can't believe it. RIP to the 60 plus win season for the Dallas Mavericks. We'll see who will rise up out of the West this season. I'm pulling for the Spurs until they get beat out.
And lastly, the Pepperdine Lectures end today. I pray it was a very uplifting time for everyone who spoke and everyone who got to go. God bless all of you as you go home and take what you learned and use it at your respective churches and in your lives! Be blessed!
Zack

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home