Name:
Location: Plano, Texas, United States

I am 32 years of age. I am striving to serve God in all that I do. I also like to read my Bible, biblical/ theological literature, and the comics in the newspaper.

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Focus: Saying No to Almost Everything

Yo, yo, and hello everyone! I hope and pray everyone is having a great day today.
Today I am going to blog about focus. This is the last and most crucial part of the simple church plan. All of the other parts in the simple church process will matter at all if you don't focus on the process. I remember a few years ago when McDonald's did the Super-size deal. If you got a value meal, they would ask you if you wanted it Super-sized or not. Well, all of that causes congestion over time. It will give you some bad health problems later in life. Churches who don't stay focused on being simple churches will be bogged down by congestion. In the Bible, David said, "I have asked one thing from the Lord; it is what I desire: to dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life" (Psalm 27:4) and "But one thing I do: forgetting what is behind and reaching forward to what is ahead, I pursue as my goal the prize promised by God's heavenly call in Christ Jesus" (Philippians 3:13-14). They were both focused on one thing and it was the driving force in their lives. We need to remember that we are builders. We need to stay focused on what we're building: lives for eternity. To stay focused we need to do five things. We need to eliminate, limit adding, reduce special events, communicate easily, and simple to understand. Tomorrow will be the last post about Simple Church. That last chapter is called Becoming Simple. It will give a few suggestions about stepping out and becoming a simple church. This book has been very enlightening! I highly recommend it.
A few more words and I'll be done. The Mavericks play tonight in a few minutes. Boy am I worried! The Warriors are up 3 games to 2 right now, and we're playing them at their place. I thought we could win, but never thought it would be easy. And now we're on the brink of being out of the playoffs! What was I thinking?! What made me think the playoffs would be any better then the regular season? We were 0-3 against them then! Now we're down 2 games to 3 against them now. So that makes us 2 and 6 against them this season! It's not looking good my friends! I think we're going to loose. I hope I'm wrong! If we loose, I'm pulling for either the Spurs or the Suns to win it all. Don't get me wrong, I still have faith in the Mavs, but it is faltering.
Your thoughts please. Be blessed! Peace!
Zack

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey bro,
Let me be the first to offer my condolences online here. Had to have been tough for you to watch. I'll be with you cheering for the Spurs and Suns ... well, that is, cheering for whichever of those two advances past the other one, I guess.

I continue to appreciate your thoughts, blog postings, and your heart, brother. Keep it up!

7:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home