Name:
Location: Plano, Texas, United States

I am 32 years of age. I am striving to serve God in all that I do. I also like to read my Bible, biblical/ theological literature, and the comics in the newspaper.

Saturday, May 05, 2007

Jeremiah's Call to Renewal

Well howdy, howdy everybody! I hope all is well with each of you. I'm going to do a series of blogs about the Jeremiah scriptures used during the keynote addresses during the Peppperdine Lectureship. Obviously, I didn't go to it. So, anyone who did go please feel free to add what was said during the Lectures.
The first lecture was given on Jeremiah 7:1-15. This is a very fitting passage with their subject matter. The theme was Jeremiah's Call to Renewal. Verses 1-3 say, "This is the word that came to Jeremiah from the Lord: 'Stand at the gate of the Lord's house and there proclaim this message: 'Here the word of the Lord, all you people of Judah who come through these gates to worship the Lord. This is what the LORD Almighty, the God of Israel says, Reform your ways and your actions, and I will let you live in this place". That verse all the way to verse 17 talk about how and why the people of Judah need to repent to the Lord and He would let them live in His house. These verses are certainly a call for all of us to renew ourselves before the Lord. Please, all of those who are reading this that went to the Lectureship, add what the speakers said about these verses. May all of us renew ourselves before God!
Be blessed! Peace!
Zack

1 Comments:

Blogger Stoned-Campbell Disciple said...

Zack I will look forward to your blogs on Jeremiah. I have long loved Jeremiah and the pathos expressed there. I was and remain pleased that Pepperdine decided to focus on this "major" prophets ... more importantly letting significant light fall on the "Old Testament."

Wish I could have met you.

Shalom,
Bobby Valentine

6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home