Name:
Location: Plano, Texas, United States

I am 32 years of age. I am striving to serve God in all that I do. I also like to read my Bible, biblical/ theological literature, and the comics in the newspaper.

Monday, May 07, 2007

Jeremiah 1:4-10 I will be with you

Greetings one and all! I hope and pray all of you had a great weekend. Jeremiah 1 is a really cool story to me. Verses 4 through 8 read, "The word of the Lord came to me saying 'Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart. I appointed you as a prophet to the nations". "Ah, Sovereign Lord", I said, "I don't know how to speak. I am only a child".
"But the Lord said to me, 'Don't say, I am only a child. You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you. Don't be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you, declares the Lord". This is such a cool story to me. All throughout Scripture God used people who didn't think they could be used. He used ordinary people to do extraordinary things.
In verses 9 through 12 we read, "Then the Lord reached out His hand and touched my mouth and said to me, 'Now I have put My words in your mouth. See, today I appoint you over the nations, and kingdoms to uproot and tear down to destroy and overthrow to build and to plant".
Here God takes away whatever excuses Jeremiah might of had. God doesn't call the equipped, He equips the called. Also throughout Scripture God calls people who don't think they can do it, but He gives those people the assurance that He is with them. Most of them believed God and He worked mightily in His. And He still does that today in us.
I hope and pray all of those who attended the Pepperdine Bible Lectures went home encouraged to continually renew themselves and help His people at their respective churches do the same. Wish I could've been there too, but maybe I can one of these days. I'll do another post on the next Lectureship keynote tomorrow. Be blessed!
Zack

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home