Name:
Location: Plano, Texas, United States

I am 32 years of age. I am striving to serve God in all that I do. I also like to read my Bible, biblical/ theological literature, and the comics in the newspaper.

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Jeremiah 9:23-26 In These I Delight

Greetings one and all! I pray all of you are having a blessed day today.
Today we are looking at Jeremiah 9: 23 through 26. Verses 23 and 24 say, "This is what the LORD says, 'Let not the wise man boast of his wisdom, or the strong man boast of his strength, or the rich man boast of his riches, but let him who boasts boast about this: that he understands and knows Me, that I am the LORD, who exercises kindness, justice, and righteousness on the earth, for in these I delight' declares the Lord". Here, I think, God is saying we need to be humble and acknowledge what we have is from Him and not from ourselves. I think this might have been what Paul was telling the Corinthians in his first letter that we have that he sent to them. We shouldn't boast that we acquired so much when it was given to us by God.
Verses 25 and 26 say, "The days are coming", declares the LORD, "when I will punish all who are circumcised only in the flesh- Egypt, Judah, Edom, Moab and all who live in the desert in distant places. For all these nations are really uncircumcised, and even the whole house of Israel is uncircumcised in heart". It seems that these people had dedicated their lives in this act of circumcision, but haven't been truly acting living like it up to this point in their lives. God might say the same things to some of us who have given our lives to Him in baptism, only to act in ungodly ways. Yes, in deed Jeremiah's words can and do speak to us today. May we listen to him and heed his words. Your thoughts on this please.
This is an early call to prayer for the AIM students. Many of them are leaving their families and homes to go to their respective mission fields this month and next. Please pray they will get their visas and adequate financial support in a timely manner. More on all of that and other missionary prayer needs tomorrow. Until, be blessed! Much love to all! Peace.
Zack

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home