Name:
Location: Plano, Texas, United States

I am 32 years of age. I am striving to serve God in all that I do. I also like to read my Bible, biblical/ theological literature, and the comics in the newspaper.

Friday, May 11, 2007

Jeremiah 3:6-18 Return to Me

Greetings one and all! Sorry for the break yesterday. Long day. I just found out my sister might have her baby on Monday! Please be in prayer for her. I'll say more about this at the end.
The next theme lecture covered Jeremiah 3:6 through 18. In verses 6 through 10 we see how faithless Israel and her sister Judah have been committing adultery against themselves and spiritual adultery against God. In verses 11 through 18 God calls them to come back. Verses 12 through 14 are very interesting. They read, "Go, proclaim this message toward the north: Return, faithless Israel' declares the Lord, 'I will frown on you no longer, for I am merciful, declares the Lord, 'I will not be angry forever. Only acknowledge your guilt- you have rebelled against the LORD your God, you have scattered your favors to foreign gods under every spreading tree and have not obeyed Me' declares the Lord. Return, faithless people, declares the Lord, for I am your husband. I will choose you- one from a town and two from a clan- and bring you to Zion". This story also reminds me of Hosea, where God tells Hosea to marry a prostitute named Gomer. She runs away multiple times after other lovers, but Hosea goes after her each time and buys her back. This was to be a visual image for all of Israel and for Hosea of what God wanted to do for them. Though Israel ran off many times after other lovers, God would continually run after them to bring them back to Him.
This story in Jeremiah, like the others before it, stays very well with the Lectureship theme of a call to renewal. In verse 15 God promised to give them spiritual shepherds to guide them in the right way of following Him.
Tomorrow we'll look at Jeremiah 29:1-14. Now about what we talked about at first. My sister Angie and brother-in-law Jake Chism are going to have their baby soon. Maybe as soon as Monday. Last week she was dilated at a one and the doctor said if she was dilated at two, they would induce labor. Apparently she has dilated at two now, and thus will induce labor on Monday. Please be praying for them. They are having a baby girl and will call her Madelyn (Maddie) Grace. They live in Krum, TX (close to Denton, if anyone knows where that is).
Thank you all! Be blessed!
Zack

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home